TimeSuite Module - Project Management
The project management module of TimeSuite allows Project Managers and Project Directors to have complete control over projects they are responsible for.
Setup, maintenance and reporting of projects is via an easy to use and intuitive interface.
The Project Manager can:
- Assign personnel to the project
- Assign any number of job types to the project
- Create charge out rates for each team member involved by job type and also by time frame
- Assign tasks to team members involved in the project
- Create and manage budgets right down to individual task level
- Roll these budgets up to view budgets for anything from task to complete project levels
- View task completion statuses and costings
- View timesheets created as part of the project
- View cumulative and real time reports on time and resource usage
- View other reports as described in the reports module.
Project Setup and maintenance
Project setup and maintenance is accomplished with the aid of a wizard that guides the user through the steps involved. Each completed step of the process is saved and can be returned to at a later date if setup is interrupted.
There are four steps to setting up a project:
- Step one - Create the Project Details
- Step Two - Define Project Team Members
- Step Three - Define Job Types (Activity Codes)
- Step Four - Assign Charge Rates
Introduced in the latest version of TimeSuite are project templates. Entire project setups can be completed in seconds using this powerful new feature.
Viewing Project Summaries
Once project setup is completed, the Project Manager can easily access all required details of the Project via a dashboard.
Shown below is an example of a Budget Summary screen. Other Project Management screens include:
- Personnel (Project Team Members)
- Charge Rates
The tasks system is very closely tied to the timesheet system. Tasks raised by the Project Manager are automatically charged to the Project and Job Type every time the task assignee enters a timesheet for the task.
All information generated for example by creating a timesheet or completing a task is instantly available to the project manager via the Project Management Dashboard.